
ugh!!! I'm sick of this old hat..think I'll get a new one.

Well what do you think...does this look like "me" ?
How about this one for the gardening?

Or something simple for shoppping..
And of course, I need a Sunday best for church!

hmmm...decisions, decisions!!

Aha! Found it!!

Now this ..is ME!!! lol!

All jokes aside..I really have always been a bit of a hat fancier!
It was in the 1994 May edition of Victoria that I fell in love with this soft grey one with it's pink bow and dreamed of finding one as lovely for myself someday.
Unfortunately, having a smallish head and has somewhat hindered me from indulging any passion when it comes to buying pretty chapeaux.
Nevertheless..I love to wear hats in the warmer weather and I was delighted to come across the one you see centre and right in the above collage.
It's acually quite similar to my Victoria favourite, in that it is a pale grey and the crown is almost the same shape.
It's very light on the head and I really enjoy wearing it in the summertime when I need good protection from the heat and glare of the day.
In Winter I use it as decoration along with other sundry hats, caps, bonnets etc. which I have displayed on the hat rack by our front door.
Ah..sigh..now I'm dreaming of pulling it off that rack, popping it on my little old head and taking a cuppa out into the garden.
Spring, Spring..wherefore art thou Spring!!
Perhaps if I don it as I do my housework today, I'll feel more convinced that winter is almost over for us at last; and warm Aussie days are just around the corner.
And if I drink sweet tea from my faithful old Johnson Bros "Indies" cup and saucer, that will help me think of the bright blue skies and white clouds of Spring to come.
Yes..what a good idea!
Excuse me friends..I'm just ducking off to open the chocolate biscuits and put the kettle on :-)
*
linked to Kathy for A Return to Loveliness
and Sandi for Tea Time Tuesday
***
![]()
Ladies, welcome to LACE!
This is a place to share posts on the blessings and beauty of our vocation as Christian women - happy in the heart of our homes! Please feel free to share a devotional, craft, cooking, family event or tea post etc.
Whatever you like - I simply require that it be an uplifting blessing to all.
This meme is based on Philippians 4:8
Whatever is..Lovely. Admirable. Cheerful. Encouraging. ~ LACE
Link to the actual post and not to your homepage.
Link back to here so others can find the participants of this blog party.
Take the button on the sidebar and display it in your post if you wish.
Leave a comment after linking, and try to visit each other.
Thank you to all the lovely ladies who make this such an enjoyable meme for us each week.
God bless you, friends!
and Sandi for Tea Time Tuesday
***
Ladies, welcome to LACE!
This is a place to share posts on the blessings and beauty of our vocation as Christian women - happy in the heart of our homes! Please feel free to share a devotional, craft, cooking, family event or tea post etc.
Whatever you like - I simply require that it be an uplifting blessing to all.
This meme is based on Philippians 4:8
Whatever is..Lovely. Admirable. Cheerful. Encouraging. ~ LACE
Link to the actual post and not to your homepage.
Link back to here so others can find the participants of this blog party.
Take the button on the sidebar and display it in your post if you wish.
Leave a comment after linking, and try to visit each other.
Thank you to all the lovely ladies who make this such an enjoyable meme for us each week.
God bless you, friends!



Pour another cup, pull another bickie out of the pack and I will be over to join you..
ReplyDeleteI will have to visit an op shop on the way and see if I can't find myself a spring bonnet first too.
What happened to eating healthy??
Love Nell
lol!! Well Nell, my dearest..you are welcome over any time :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm still eating healthy.
I only had 2 bikkies - I promise!!
Trish ;-D
what a beautiful chapeau :-)
ReplyDeleteIt will lovely with lovely roses by the bow...thank you for sharing.
Maria
Hi Trish,
ReplyDeleteOh I just love your gorgeous Chapeau. Lovely to wear for tea and even housework!!
Your blue and white tea cup and saucer are beautiful.
I wish I could send you some warm weather from Texas. We are having an incredible heat wave.
We are wishing for Autumn already and you are looking toward Spring. Somehow the seasons manage to change eventually.
So nice to meet you and thank you for sharing your lovelies for Tea Time Tuesday.
Hugs from Texas, Celestina Marie
I love hats! I don't wear them as much as I used too, though!
ReplyDeleteYours is really nice - Spring will come again....for us it will be Autumn (my personal favorite) and we are going to welcome it gratefully after a very hot summer!
Deanna
Hi Trish, your hat is just lovely as is your tea cup! In my part of the world, it is 90 degrees and well into the summer months! It is going to fast for me and the fall months are quickly approaching. I try to enjoy each day as I can! God Bless!
ReplyDeleteHello trisha,
ReplyDeleteyour hat is beautiful Hats add so much charme to an outfit. This tea time with hat looks really ladylike. Would love to join you, too.
Best greetings, Johanna
Hi Trish, what a pretty hat. I have all the old Victoria magazines and I think I may remember this one.
ReplyDeleteYour post is just delightful. So pretty on this hot day.
Many blessings,
Barb
Hello dear Trish,
ReplyDeleteI LOVE hats and I wear them A LOT! But I too have a smallish head and have trouble finding hats to fit me. Hubby always teases me that I should be looking in the children's section! I love a hat at the beach and of course, I never go outside with out a hat on in the wintertime. Yours is very nice, BTW!
Love your Indies blue teacup! It is always just right. Thanks for sharing this with Tea Time and joining me for tea. Have a delightful week, my friend.
Blessings,
Sandi
Dear Trish,
ReplyDeleteOooh, how nice that you found a hat so similar! My head is largish, so I have a hard time finding nice hats (which is what led me to making my own), but I never thought that having one too small might cause difficulties. Hats just complete an outfit for me, no matter what the weather.
Love,
Marqueta
Make enough for two and I'll visit you...mmm, chocolate sounds yummy with tea! I'll try to send you some of our heat. We are in the 90's today! Love your hats. I enjoy wearing hats too :)
ReplyDeleteShawn
Hello from Canada. I love your chapeau! Your teacup is sweet and are those Tim Tams on the saucer? We have them here and often enjoy them. Do you do a tim tam slam? I believe the idea came from Australia. So good with coffee. Have a great day! Pamela
ReplyDeleteTrish - All you need is a floral embellishment to set that hat off! A great style that if functional and you wear it well! As to the tea and chocolate biscuit - I'm on my way! Well virtually, that is.
ReplyDeleteJoy!
Miss Kathy
Dear TRish,
ReplyDeleteYes put some coffee on and I am there with you, of course you have chocolate which is a huge plus.
I love your hat. We just finished watching via you Tube The Victorain Farmer and the lady made a straw hat with plaiting. We loved the idea and wnat to try this...add it to my ongoing list.
Just not sure if you could use bailed hay or not.
EEnjoy your tea and yes I think Spring will be here soon.
Cold in Tasdsie today but enjoying the fire as per usual.
Blessings
Gae
LOL! The beginning of this hat post made me laugh! I was trying to imagine you actually trying on all those hats, which some looked quite silly, indeed! :)
ReplyDeleteYou're not alone in having a small head. I have one too, ugh! I don't wear hats because they never have my size. :( So usually during the winter months, I just have to sip my hot cocoa with a "naked head," ha, ha! :)
It's "funny" that you are crying for spring to come as I am enjoying warm summer days. Then, when you are happily enjoying spring, I shall be dreading the coldness of winter, tee hee. :)
These are great - one woman though looked startled, perhaps at her hat!! I love looking through the old Girls Own Annual and checking out all the outfit and hats that ladies use to wear. The thing about these clothes as they looked liked ladies in their elegances, it is something we have lost - that lovely look of being a "lady".
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post! Thanks for the smile. I love hats too but unfortunately, I don't seem to wear them unless you count winter time when the knitted hats some out!!
ReplyDeleteI also joined LACE today but wanted you to know I'm having trouble editing my posts (Blogger won't let me for some reason) to show your link-up. I'll make a separate post today to let everyone know they can visit your lovely blog and LACE.
Thanks!
Lovely cup and saucer. With that last hat I wouldn't have to do my makeup. Perfect!
ReplyDeleteHi Trish,
ReplyDeleteI love hats and chocolate bickies....so here I come for morning tea with you.... :-)
The old style hats were really works of wearable art. I love the extravagance of them.
I think your hat suits you.
God Bless
Barb xxx
Hi Trish, I read this wonderful article about LIFE and I wanted to share it. I hope it's ok! It's an article written by Stephen Muff about a peaceful pro-life protest in California. So, I came back to add it to your linky.
ReplyDeleteOh, Trish! This post is the bestest! I LOVE all those great old photos of women in outrageous hats! Where DID you find such gems! I especially love the shot of you and hubby looking so old world. What a handsome couple you make - I know why you will never part with such a treasure! I'm late with my LACE this week - gotta get my curriculum writing out of the way - then, I'll post something soon! Love you!
ReplyDeleteMiss Kathy
ok this made me giggle...LOVED the post, yes the last hat is the best :) take care.
ReplyDelete