12/7/17

New wall shelf..


The Man of the House built a new wall shelf for our living room a few days ago.


I painted it in a base coat of dark grey and a second coat of red with mustard on the edges.


Then I "distressed" it by sanding back to the dark layer and some raw wood.


I gave it one more coat of grey over the red to tone it all down.


We are having fun creating our version of "prim" furniture for our eclectic home.


And we just love how this looks at night with the oil lamp lit! 

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I'm so glad your husband is well again. Your home is very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Trish,

    You are doing so well decorating your home! It looks so cozy and inviting, and how wonderful that your husband is making things for it, as well.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely little shelf but I did like it red.
    Merle........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Trish: I found your lovely blog through Take Peace. What a beautiful shelf your husband built for you. So glad to see that he is doing ok from the health scare. I love the harp music playing.
    Blessings to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like what you did with the shelf and how it looks with the oil lamp on it--so cozy and warm! I'm guessing your husband is feeling better then? I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Trish,
    Your blog is as lovely as ever! So nice to find you again in the blogging world. I used to blog at Light Cottage, but now I focus more on my recipe blog.
    Blessings, Kim

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
I may not get to respond to all your comments, but please be assured I appreciate them and your kindness in leaving an encouraging word as you go. God bless you!

Thank you for visiting me...until next time...God bless you!

Thank you for visiting me...until next time...God bless you!