6/21/11

LACE~A Snowy Lining

Morning broke and came sliding down my clothesline
forcing a mad dash to retrieve washing from under threatening skies.

Metal bent and bowed low as raindrops changed form and weight
blanketing the yard now hushed and cold.

Inside the clothes are hung again on snowy plastic frame before the fire.

And I escape outside again to capture falling quiet
before the moment melts away the joy

of all the frosted blessings of my day.
*
I had quite an adventurous time today, my friends.
The wind ripped my clothesline off the wall and brought freezing rain and then snow in it's trail.
I am so glad that I rescued my washing before it got buried in ice and muck, lol!
And thankful that I was home and able to keep the fire going, which certainly came in handy to finish off the drying indoors, while I had some fun playing in the delicious flurries.
 Today could have been very depressing for me.
It was cold!
It was grey!
It started out with a problem that frankly, I didn't welcome at all!
It's not convenient to lose your washing line in Winter, especially when the cost of using the electric clothes-dryer is becoming so outrageous.
But the clouds of my day had a white lining!
You see, I really love snow and am fascinated by how it transforms the dreariest of days and the ugliest of outlooks into scenes of absolute beauty.
So as my woodfire warmed the house and finished off my washing day, the Lord kindly sent those lovely flakes of crystal lace just to cheer me up :-)
His kindness knows no bounds and His blessings are being poured out upon us continually.
If we look for them we'll find our days are flooded with clouds of white linings!
So friends.. where have you been finding the LACE in your days, lately?
I'd love to know!
blessings..Trish
***
A warm Wednesday welcome to L.A.C.E.
This weekly meme is based on Philippians 4:8:
Whatever is..Lovely. Admirable. Cheerful. Encouraging. ~ LACE
This is a place to share posts on the blessings and beauty of our vocation as Christian women - happy in the heart of our homes!
Whether you share a devotional, craft, cooking, family event or tea post etc. I simply require that it be an uplifting blessing to all.
Link to the actual post and not to your homepage.
Link back to here so others can find the participants of this blog party.
Take the button on the sidebar and display it in your post if you wish.
Leave a comment after linking, and try to visit each other with an encouraging word. Thank you and God bless you, friends!


14 comments:

  1. We have been listening to some messages by Francis Chan on you -tube and what an incredible blessing that has been. Seeing the beauty of the cross...what an incredible Saviour I have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings, Trish! I find it so interesting to be following your wintertime adventures down under just as we're stepping lavishly into summer and with all its "lace-like" delights in North America! God ministers to us through the seasons and we can always find His peace and pleasures be it blossoming gardens or stunning snow-scapes. Sharing some lacey summer joy to warm the heart today.
    Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, snow!

    We are celebrating summer here - but we have rain today!

    I am enjoying these L.A.C.E. posts so much!

    Thanks
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm laughing now, because I thought this must be a re-post from 'winter'! Here in the Ozarks when it is in the nineties, it is hard to remember that there is another world where it is snowing! Love your beautiful post, and thanks for the opportunity to link up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful to see the snow, while here in the mountains, the warmth of summer is upon us :-D

    There is something so special about fallen snow and a warm, crackling fire to sit by...

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing to see your snow on the first day of summer here. :o)

    I've joined LACE this week and look forward to reading the other links.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Trish,
    How lovely to be able to see the silver lining in a cloud! My last two weeks have been anything but fun what with my hubby not working the past two weeks. The company he works for is on strike, you see, and we are not happy about it. It's loss of wages and the annoying stigma which accompanies being on strike. But, we were able to keep some appointments which otherwise would have been difficult to keep had he been on the job. I hope and pray he will be allowed to get back to work soon. Once again, Philippians 4:8 must be put into practice. Thanks for hosting and for stopping by to visit. Wishing you a delightful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love coming here and being reminded of this scripture. It renews me each and every time. I too find it interesting regarding the weather where you are and the summer here! Living in Minnesota we get plenty of snow!! Have a fabulous week. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not only is it summer here but everyone uses a dryer. Most homes don't even have a clothes line! I miss clothes drying outside and flapping in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Trish,

    I love how you were so thankful for the beautiful snowfall.

    Just this April, I saw my first snowfall in my life while in Lake Tahoe. My husband and I were out to dinner and the waitress said snow fall would be highly unlikely, but I prayed for snow anyway, and early the next morning without an alarm clock my husband awoke to a light snowfall and woke me, and I was like a kid on Christmas morning. I new God had answered my prayer, and that was so awesome.

    God bless you friend,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope this is okay~I wanted to share my post about beautiful clothing for the homemaker. Hope you are well, dear Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Trish, I love the snow too and we are struggling to get clothes dry too. Too much rain and not enough drying wind.
    Have a great week and enjoy all that lovley snow.
    Blessings
    Gae

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Trish,
    Sorry the clothes line fell down. It sounds funny when you say it aloud,but,when it's full of wet clothes - it's anything but funny.
    So glad you got things dry inside.
    Your snow photos are beautiful. Ilove the pansy in the ice --
    God Bless
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy the first snow of the season! :o) So glad you were able to get your laundry inside! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
I may not get to respond to all your comments, but please be assured I appreciate them and your kindness in leaving an encouraging word as you go. God bless you!

Thank you for visiting me...until next time...God bless you!

Thank you for visiting me...until next time...God bless you!