11/21/12

Heart & Home link-up..Teatime

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, what ever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things" Phil 4:8

I love my tea!
I love drinking it and all the niceties that go with taking tea.
Whether it's black, green or herbal it's something I look forward to every day.
My all-time favourite is hot Chai Latte - so delicious to warm up with on a chilly day!!
But my usual daily choice is a low caffeine blend of ceylon and east Asia tea made by Madura.
It refreshes me and I really like knowing that the caffeine is not going to effect me too badly throughout the day. I have mine quite weak and my beloved has his strong.

Perfect match :-)

And as I have nothing freshly baked, I am having a tea-break with one of my favourite biscuits, the german spiced gingerbread Pfeffernusse or Peppernuts.
I absolutely love gingerbread!
 I'm eyeing off all the ginger flavoured goodies coming onto the supermarket shelves for Christmas with a greedy  ahem! appreciative eye at the moment :-D


This cup and saucer is a mis-matched pair from my collection of old and vintage china.
A Royal Albert saucer in the "Moss Rose" pattern and a pretty English bone china cup from Aynsley.


I enjoy mixing old pieces together - as long as it looks pretty to me, I'm happy!
A little wear and tear doesn't bother me at all.
Fine china is just like fine and precious friendships, time and loving care simply makes them even better and more beautiful to behold!

I don't have fancy, expensive china to show you or extravagantly beautiful furnishings and clever crafts.

But I can gladly share a few calm moments of my day with you, as I sit quietly to enjoy a peaceful cup or two of tea.


I think it is a wise woman who takes time out from her daily chores to rejuvinate herself and get fortified mentally and physically, so that she can finish her tasks in a good state of mind.
A tense and frazzled homemaker can't create a peaceful and beautiful atmosphere in her home.
She needs to step back, take a deep breath and have a little break to reground herself again.
Then she can set out with renewed energy and a calmer approach to whatever is on her 'to do' list for the day.
She'll acheive a lot more and have a deeper sense of contentment if she can work a short rest period or two into her schedule. 
I pray you find some spaces in your busy day, where you can slow down and thank the Lord for the many blessings He's given you today; a home to care for, a family to love, food on your table, the warm sun in the sky... and perhaps a nice hot pot of tea with a friend :-)

I'm linking to Sandi for her Home party.
***
Welcome to Heart & Home
Angelwings & Apronstrings

Friends, I invite you to link up and share your love for home and family.
Posts which are lovely and encouraging for homemakers eg. devotionals, craft, gardening, cooking, tea or decorating etc. are very welcome.
I'd love to have you join me!
#1. link directly to your post
#2. include my button or a link back here
#3. and leave me a little comment - please don't link and run!
blessings..Trish xx





13 comments:

  1. Lovely teaset Trish. I always take time for tea and like Liptons English Breakfast or green best. I like mine weak too and hubby takes it as it comes,not fussed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to confess, I'm not much of a tea drinker. During my months of insomnia, I started drinking a peppermint sleepy time tea. I started drinking it so much that I actually still like to drink it, but I don't too often, as it will make me very sleepy, ha, ha! :)

    Your tea cups are lovely. I don't have many myself, but that's okay, as I have far too many other types of pretty knick knacks decorating my entire living room. It shamefully reminds me of a little museum. :(

    Anyway, take care, and try not to get too "greedy" with those gingerbread cookies, tee hee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, I've found your blog through Sunny Simple Things and am so happy to be able to join in your party. I'm new to blogging and am looking forward to having a look at your blog! Thanks, J9 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy my tea, Trish! I like to mix and match tea cups too. Keeps the table from getting too fussy. Thank you for your visit and have a wonderful week, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trish - Just linked in my Bethany teacup and wedding details with you. She will be making her new home with a new hubby and I have a a good deal of re-purposing in my own home. Already reclaimed the bathroom! I ditto you with the need for taking time for tea on a daily basis - to refresh and quiet the soul and spirit. I love to do so around 4pm and then begin to ready dinner so hubby comes home to soft lighting, classical music on the CD player, and a filling meal. I don't always achieve this, but more than not these days in our mid-life years - I am successful. And, joyful.
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wished I could sit down and have a cup of tea with you my friend. Those cookies look sooooooo scrumptious too. I love love love gingerbread. I am going to have to get a recipe that works with my grain free diet. I have seen them but haven't tried them...yet. [o= I will have to let you know how they turn out.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    In Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like my tea weak but no sugar or milk, I will drink any tea but earl grey that is the only one I don't like.
    Merle......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely teacups, Trish, , and I am an avid tea drinker, peppermint has become a favorite of mine.
    I enjoyed your thoughts of how we as women should take time to rejuvenate ourselves.
    We here in the States are now celebrating our Thanksgiving season, but I try and have a thankful heart all year, I truly am so blessed..
    Thanks for sharing, always a joy to visit.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Trish,
    That is such a pretty teacup and Phil 4:8 is my favourite verse! Thank you for sharing at my HOME and enjoy your weekend, dear friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Trish,
    I like your mismatched cup and saucer.
    I agree with you ...if they look nice together..that's all that counts.
    I drink tea all day long,but, I do enjoy the lunch time one when Mum and I have lunch and play Yahtze, the best..
    Have a good day
    Barb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful post...I enjoy my tea in old vintage cups as well :) Blessings friend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Trish...Where did your link ups go???
    Went to see if any else had linked so I could say hello....and they're gone.
    Barb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. For years I really didnt like tea, well.... hmmm... I really struggled with it :) I can tolerate it now, I think it really has to do with what sort of tea one drinks. I find that I like herbals better than others. Dessert teas are not for me. Well, after reading your blog, I think Ill give it another chance. Perhaps it would make my palet happy if I would put it in a beautiful cup!

    blessings, Trish :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends,
I may not get to respond to all your comments, but please be assured I appreciate them and your kindness in leaving an encouraging word as you go. God bless you!

Thank you for visiting me...until next time...God bless you!

Thank you for visiting me...until next time...God bless you!